Lost Instincts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site dedicated to text based roleplaying. We have a great number of features to share. Choose one of the many different forums and help our community weave intricate stories and access our creativity.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» This is getting ridiculous....
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 1:50 am by Asta

» "Satans Bride, Brothel and inn"
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 3:34 pm by Mase58

» The dark elves of Syn.
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 10:48 pm by Asta

» Welcome to the New world.
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 8:24 am by Mono Ocular

» Music playlist
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 4:35 am by Mase58

» RE: Playlists
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 2:42 pm by Druos

» Dark Destiny
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 5:02 pm by BlessedTrinity

» Vampiric Tavern/ Bar. (The Catacombs)
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 4:52 pm by BlessedTrinity

» Early 1990 small island of the coast of Florida
"When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 pm by Elizabeth Kale

Top posters
Drezlin
"When in Rome." - Page 2 I_vote_lcap"When in Rome." - Page 2 I_voting_bar"When in Rome." - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Elizabeth Kale
"When in Rome." - Page 2 I_vote_lcap"When in Rome." - Page 2 I_voting_bar"When in Rome." - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Druos
Chaotic
Mono Ocular
BlessedTrinity
Pagono Daimonas
Viper LeGre
ShadowVamp KV
Asta
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Lost Instincts on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Lost Instincts on your social bookmarking website

"When in Rome."

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-07-28

"When in Rome." - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:37 am

Elizabeth smiles sheepishly

"Well, yes. I never really expected you to remember it, I mean you were always so busy and had all these other people around you all the time. What time did you have to spare, No need to apologies"

She gets up and walks to the window and gazes out
Back to top Go down
http://www.vampirefreaks.com/u/RayneRiot
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm

Drezlin stares at the furniture, but his gaze passes through it, looking but not seeing. After a while he breaks out of the trance and walks to the window beside Elizabeth, and puts his hands on the rail, taking in a deep breath of fresh air. Drezlin turns to Elizabeth, looking at her as if for the first time.

I am glad I won't be going into this alone, truely. This is a comfort I had not hoped for... Looks away from Elizabeths face and stares out at the lights of Rome. But I must ask you again, are you certain this is what you want ?
And if you are, who do you seggust I leave my posessions to ?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:25 pm

Elizabeth looks at Drezlin and manages to pass a small smile off.
"I'm Positive, As for your stuff and ...job...hmm"

She thinks for a while, digging for something to say

"I'm not sure about that...There has to be someone in this bloody place you trust"

She gazes back to the garden.
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 5:46 pm

Drezlin stares at Elizabeth with arched eye brows, a smile starts spreading across his lips and moments later he bursts into a peal of laughter, clutching his stomach and gasping for breath Drezlin finaly looks up at Elizabeth and tell her between gasps for breath ,

Not a soul ! Not a single, solitary person here... I don't trust any one of them !

Pauses for a moment and then lights up again, face beaming, adorned with a mischevious smile.

I have the answer, damn the senate, and damn an heir. When it is time I will open up the gates and doors and have the poor pilliage this place till nought is left.

Feeling a bit proud of himself after finding a clever, and cheeky solution feels bold enough to wink at ELizabeth before walking back to his desk.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:08 pm

She looks shocked

"No one?!?! And yet you have them all work for you?!? she looked down below to the garden to the people working and playing around..
"well I guess I can see why" she said blankly half glaring at the people.

She frowned and crossed her arms

" I guess I can see how that will be helpful to people, but its not fare! You have worked your whole life for this and you will be giving it away to imbeciles who have done nothing for their life except drink and steal from people??"

She sighed in her own defeat for her protest was indeed not a good one, she walked to the couch and sat down, she laughed

"I dont even know Why i am trying to fight this, I guess it is just like me to start an argument to win" she smiled up at drezlin.
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:32 pm

Drezlin grins, feeling more lively than he has in years. Thinks about drinking more wine, but sets the cup back down, wishing to experience what may come sober.

My dear Elizabeth, that is the beauty of the situation. Most of the people there have done nothing for me, and hte poor people I intend to let lose on all I own have done even less. By giving them what they would never expect I feel as if I have done something significant, altered their lives hopefully for the better.

Drezlin pauses, and searches for the right words to continue.

Such things never happen... And i feel as if life is one large excercise in meeting peoples expectations. What about about living ? We live as if our life is held hostage, whether to work, or to others standerds of what our life ought to be... I can not tolerate it any longer, if only they realised...

Drezlin sighs, and stares at the floor, trying to rein in his thoughts, to make of the chaos something coherent.

If only people would realize how truely mortal we are. How precious every second of living really is. I would do almost anything to live but one second longer. To enjoy this gift that I have been given. But people waste it, on the lies and half truths we create. Our jobs, our countrys even, are nothing in comparison... All that we have is the moment we live in and breathe in.

Drezlin stops, and smiles a little.

I apoligise for the rant, this matter is dear to me.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:49 pm

Elizabeth smiles and nods,

"I don't mind at all, I like to listen, I actually agree with you."

she folds her hands in her lap

" I am one of those people who took it all for granted, I'm afraid."
Back to top Go down
Druos
Administrator
Druos

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:55 pm

The red tint in the sky begins to fade, the hues of the clouds now a dark gray. All the aspects of Rome run through his mind, politics, avarice, decadence, indulgence, beauty, sophistication...He thinks about these things in correlation with Drezlin's philosophy. He thinks about how the city's aesthetic exterior cloaks the darkness within, all the emperors, in all their glory have done nothing but strike at the beauty. He pushed himself away from the pillar with his hand into a standing position. The great leviathans of the sky diminish, and the stars show another equal beauty. He begins to walk through the garden, the freash aroma of the sweet flowers bringing him delight as he goes to bring despair to a mortal.
Back to top Go down
https://lost-instincts.rpg-board.net
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:03 am

Elizabeth Sighs and rubs her arm

"so when do you think he will get here?? this person you speak of will arrive?"
Still a bit nervous she stands up and paces back and forth, her hair untucks from behind her ear and falls out of place, she sighs

"I hope this doesnt hurt"

she half whines
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:10 am

Drezlin smiles once more and winks at Elizabeth. He stands and leans against the wall.

I went to a mystic the other day, some people call them a seer. Normaly I do not have faith in such things, but what my eyes saw and myheart felt convinced me of her honesty. She told me that tonight some one would come, or something, that would bring me into imortality. She had more to say, but she fell into a daze, and would say no more. I paid her well, very very well... And now I wait.

Drezlin looks out at the night, noticing that it is finaly truely dark.

I hope it is not painless as well, but what ever may lay ahead... I feel I am ready for it.

Drezlin walks up to Elizabeth, taking slow steps, and stops a small distance from her.

I hope you know what your doing... And that your certain. I feel something, as if things will not be so simple as I hope. And though our friendship is young, I do not want any harm to come to you.

Drezlin looks her in the eyes, perfectly sincere, and slightly concerned.
Back to top Go down
Druos
Administrator
Druos

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:24 am

Without indication or welcome, Druos opens the door to the villa and walks inside. He sees the two figures conversing with each other, but the cold air he brought in with him alerts them to his presence. He advances, and stop in fron of Druos. His eyes have changed, once a beautiful dark gray, now as white as the marble carvings around him. Only the outer rim of his Irises are visible. He looks to the first mortal, Drezlin.

Fate, it seems, or cruel coincidence. Though I may have other intentions, you have drawn me here. What you seek is immortality. Are you prepared to accept such burdens? You may live on forever, but you sacrifice your soul. And with such willingness!

He looks to the second mortal, a look of concern on her face.

So be it. And you? Are you prepared to meet the same terms? I will not give you my gift on a whim, you must be certain.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:45 am

Elizabeth looked at drezlin, a little frightened, Defiantly not what she was expecting, She couldnt take her look away from his eyes..After what seemed like forever she took her gaze away and looked at drezlin and clenched to his sleeve and held on tightly as if to keep herself from falling.

"I'm sure.."
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:49 am

Drezlin looks this new comer in the eyes. His soldier instincts taking over and rendering him relativly calm.

I am indeed ready to imbrace immortality. . . How is it to be done.

Drezlin instinctivly puts a protective arm around Elizabeth, and keeps his eyes on the stranger.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:55 am

Elizabeth looks down not wanting to look back up, waiting to hear the answer, anxiety is killing her.

"Will it hurt?!"

she managed to choke out.
Back to top Go down
Druos
Administrator
Druos

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:04 am

He looks deeply into the eyes of the mortal girl.

Everything has a price dear. It will hurt at first, you have to be dying. I'm afraid I haven't enough life for the both of you at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:05 am

So how will this work"

She asked a bit confused,
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:11 am

Drezlin raises his eye brows, curious, yet still alarmed. Eventualy the question slips out of his lips

What manner of being are you ?

He steps a bit closer, slightly in front of Elizabeth now.
Back to top Go down
Druos
Administrator
Druos

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:22 am

Drezlin, come forth. She does not need to watch.

He watches as the humans exchange nods, and the woman leaves reluctantly. His fangs are thin and sharp, but they do not protrude from his mouth.

I'm going to give you some time to think about this. Can't be having second thoughts during this process.

The mortal allows a few minutes of sincere consideration. Then he looks up to Druos, an indication that the human is now ready. Druos does not restrain the mortal in any way, he brings his lips around the soldier's neck. He could feel the tension even before his teeth pierced the skin. Druos could not help but admire the man's fortitude, he did not even thrash around. Druos was delicate, the mortal was dying. He laid the man on the floor, and brought his crimson stained teeth to his wrist. He projected his thoughts to the mortal, and the man knew what to do. Druos lowered, placing his bleeding wrist near the man's mouth. With his last bit of strength, Drezlin grabbed the wound and began to drink.

Druos watched as the mortal's eyes began to change, much like his own, into that colorless intensity. He withdrew his wrist and his other hand provided the necessary pressure on the wound. Within minutes, the wound had disappeared, not even leaving a scar.
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:31 am

Drezlin lays on the floor, gasping for air. His mind seems to race, yet, everything seems slower. Time itself seems to pause.
With a violent intensity he begins to realize the abilitys of his senses, of strengths... Even as everything increases, something terrible begins to happen. A violent pain in his stomach. Drezlin clutches at it, half fearing death will come after.
He tense up, teeth gritted together violently.
It feels as if a knife is dancing through his body. Through his veins. In the midst of his agony He looks up at Druos, question in painful silence.
Back to top Go down
Druos
Administrator
Druos

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:35 am

It will fade, Roman.

He turns to admire all the wonderful art that Drezlin has collected, and he sends a subtle telepathic message to Elizabeth.

You can come out now.
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:39 am

Drezlin contorts helplessly on the floor, as he body releases all that was human. The pain is hell.
But as the being said, it passes. Drezlin stands. The ease at which he gets up of the floor would have knocked him off balance if he did not recover it so quickly.
Drezlin feels the new power within his mind, and reels from it. "Not to much to soon" he cautions himself.
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:41 am

Drezlin turns to the Being, a question forming in his mind.

You said you could not "turn" both of us. Shall I turn I elizabeth ?
Back to top Go down
Druos
Administrator
Druos

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 am

You do not have the strength, Roman. Wait, you must wait.

He turns to face his creation.

Rest. You will wake tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
Drezlin
Administrator
Drezlin

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:47 am

Drezlin ponders the reply. and feels a strange longing, something deep within. As if lust, hunger, and desire had formed a sick union. But it fades. Leaving an echo of wanting that almost makes him tremble. Drezlin looks to the being.

And what now ? Do I go to sleep in my bed ?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Kale
Elizabeth Kale

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Elizabeth stands at the door with her hand on the door know, Afraid what she will open up to see. Her thoughts racing -Oh no...What was I thinking...What if he killed Drezlin..Thats why he made me leave and now he wants to kill me...I hope I'm wrong-

She slowly turned the doorknob not knowing what to expect, The first thing she noticed when she opened the door, Something different about Her boss but she couldnt quite put her finger on it. too afraid to say anything she shuts the door silently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "When in Rome."   "When in Rome." - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"When in Rome."
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2